18 European buyers collaborate on ethical Procurement of ICT
Over the course of 2021, representatives from 18 public authorities came together as the International Working Group on Ethics in Public Procurement of ICT. Initiated by the Federal Institute of Sustainable Development Belgium, the group included members from Belgium, Norway, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Denmark, Italy, Finland, Austria, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Overall, the aim was to foster exchange, capture good practices and challenges, to discuss and identify actions amongst European public buyers committed to responsible procurement.
Facilitated by ICLEI - Local Government for Sustainability, the working group focussed on
- The use and credibility of labels
- Identifying issues public buyers could jointly address industry with
- Understanding and discussing how to follow-up in contract management
- Learning from each other’s current practices and ambitions
Curious to learn more about the procurement approach, good practice or recommendations regarding ethical procurement of ICT? We have prepared the following material:
- 10 Portraits of Ethical Procurement of ICT
- “How to do ethical procurement of ICT - the follow-up checklist”
- A full report about the activities, lessons learned and overall recommendations about future working group activities
If you are interested in getting involved with future activities of the working group, please contact email@example.com