The role of AI in achieving sustainability in cities
The ICLEI World Congress, taking place in Malmö (Sweden) from 11-13 May, aims to showcase how cities, towns and regions worldwide are advancing sustainable urban development and accelerating the sustainable transition. This session explores the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for climate neutral cities. A growing number of cities are aiming to accellerate their transition to carbon neutrality by deploying AI-based technology in high emissions sectors such as mobility or energy. Whilst AI can only be part of the solution, it does hold considerable potential to help cities achieve their climate and other sustainability goals.
- Jerome Brun, Data Governance Officer, City of Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, France
- Laura Dieguez, Junior Consultant at, DKSR – Data Competence Center for Cities and Regions
- Ana Beatriz Acevedo, DG of the Early Warning System of the Medellin and Aburrá Valley – SIATA
- Shimizu Hayato, Mayor, Saitama City, Japan
- Jon Jonoski, Communication Officer, ICLEI Europe
More information here.