GPP Helpdesk Webinar: Public Procurement of Nature-Based Solutions
The third European Commission’s Helpdesk service on GPP webinar of 2022 will address the public procurement of Nature-Based Solutions.
While cities offer evident benefits that continue to attract people, rapid urbanisation can drive significant conflicts between natural and urban environments. Challenges associated with those conflicts, such as human health issues, degradation of natural capital and ecosystem services, and vulnerability to climate change and natural disasters, all threaten the sustainability of our urban lifestyles.
Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) are defined as “solutions that are inspired and supported by nature, which are cost-effective, simultaneously provide environmental, social and economic benefits and help build resilience. Such solutions bring more, and more diverse, nature and natural features and processes into cities, landscapes and seascapes, through locally adapted, resource-efficient and systemic interventions.” These actions are conservation, restoration and improved land management.
Many public authorities report difficulties in using public procurement addressing NBS projects. This webinar aims to address this issue by providing public procurers with a better understanding of the topic and inspire them to take the first step towards this journey.
- Welcome and Introduction from the EU GPP Helpdesk Ivan Azevedo de Jesus, DG Environment, European Commission
- Public Procurement of Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) - Daniela Rizzi and Philipp Tepper, ICLEI
- Learning from Public Procurement of NBS good practices:
- How to make public procurement work for greening your city - Gitty Korsuize, City of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Adjusting tender requirements to match suppliers’ capabilities - Malgorzata Bartyna-Zielińska, Wroclaw, Poland
- Torino - Public Procurement in Italy - Alessandra Aires, Turin, Italy
The workshop will be facilitated by Philipp Tepper, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
Registration to attend is essential and free of charge. Register here