Innovation Procurement Brokers
Bringing public buyers and suppliers of innovation together
The Innovation Procurement Brokers project aims to facilitate the procurement of innovative goods and services by strengthening the links between public buyers on the demand side and innovative companies on the supply side. Public buyers are supported in the identification of their needs and, once ready, connected with SMEs and start-ups able to develop innovative solutions responding to their requirements. A total of five regional procurement of innovation broker schemes will be piloted in the Upper Austria Region, Denmark, North Rhine Westfalia (Germany), Ireland and Andalusia (Spain), then scaled up to a European level.
Innovation procurement brokerage can provide increased opportunities for SMEs with solutions to public authority needs to bid for tenders. Public authorities will benefit from increased knowledge of and access to new market innovations.
Who we address?
- Public buyers
- SMEs and start-ups
- Organisations supporting innovation procurement
What will be done?
- We will test innovation procurement brokerage approaches at regional and European level
- We will support and carry out assessments of public authority needs
- We will engage with start-ups and SMEs across Europe to find innovative solutions to needs
- 1 combined Innobrokers model for future activities
- 5 market engagement events
- 5 needs assessment workshops
- 20 public buyers engaged with the network
- 40 suppliers engaged with the network
Innovation Procurement Brokerage is a two-year EU-funded project that started in August 2018.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s COSME research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 811311.The sole responsibility for any error or omissions lies with the editor. The content does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Commission. The European Commission is also not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.
Innovation Procurement Brokers project co-ordinator:
Agencia Andaluza del Conocimiento
Innovation Procurement Brokers partners:
AAC Agencia Andaluza del Conocimiento (ES)
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology (AT)
GATE 21 (DK)
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability (DE)
OOE Land Oberösterreich (AT)
PTI Procurement Transformation Institute (IE)
ZENIT Zentrum für Innovation und Technik Nordrhein-Westfahlen (DE)